mission and beliefs
The Hillside Mission
Hillside International Truth Center, Inc. is a healing ministry of the whole person: Spirit, Mind, and Body. Hillside is committed to new thinking for healing hearts and transforming lives as demonstrated by Jesus the Christ.
What We Believe
- We affirm the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omniactive loving Presence we call God and we celebrate this Presence in spirit and in truth.
- We affirm that God is personal to all who acknowledge this indwelling Presence.
- We affirm that there is only One Power, One Presence and One Source for all life; therefore all humanity forms one family and one life.
- We affirm that whatever thoughts we hold in consciousness manifest and become our life experiences and that these thoughts create our heaven or hell.
- We affirm with Jesus of Nazareth that the kingdom of heaven is present and within us and that we experience this kingdom of all Good to the degree we become conscious of it.
- We affirm that we are all spiritual beings, dwelling in a spiritual universe that is governed by spiritual law, and that in alignment with spiritual law, we can heal, prosper, and harmonize.
- We affirm that Jesus of Nazareth, as the living Christ, represents the perfect spiritual self of every human being.
- We affirm that Jesus the Christ, through his life, teachings, death and resurrection, made the great demonstration that revealed we are victors and not victims of our circumstances.
- We affirm that prayer is not begging or trying to change God but is a positive way for expanding, changing and transforming ourselves.
- We affirm expression of the highest spiritual principle in loving one another unconditionally, promoting the highest good for all, teaching and healing one another, ministering to one another, and living together in peace, in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and other enlightened teachers.
- We affirm that the Aramaic translation of Holy Scripture provides a clearer understanding of the characters, culture and events of the times and a meaningful metaphysical application for our lives.